[TYPO3-english] scriptmerger and compression

Steffen Gebert steffen.gebert at typo3.org
Tue Apr 19 09:19:46 CEST 2011

Hi,

> Im wondering, whats wrong with scriptmerger and the compression of JS
> and CSS.
Is the one client sitting behind an ancient HTTP/1.0 proxy? I also had
some issues with those (as they don't speak gzip). However, I fixed this
together with Stefan and recent versions of EXT:scriptmerger should work
flawlessly in this constellation.
Please check that you're .htaccess rules contain the most recent rules.

In this case, also other browsers will fail on this specific client (if
they use the same proxy..).

> How can I avoid this problem? Or is it better for using the TYPO3 built
> in function TYPO3_CONF_VARS['FE']['compressionLevel']?
This only enables gzip for the TYPO3 output, not for static files. You
should use compressionLevel for your content and EXT:scriptmerger for
your includes.

Kind regards
Steffen

--