[TYPO3-english] scriptmerger and compression

Dominic Garms djgarms at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 02:16:17 CEST 2011

Hello Steffen

Thanks for your answer,

> However, I fixed this
> together with Stefan and recent versions of EXT:scriptmerger should work
> flawlessly in this constellation.
> Please check that you're .htaccess rules contain the most recent rules.

I just used the .htaccess rules from the example.htaccess file, but im
not sure on which position of the .htaccess I have to paste it in. I
just copied it to the end, is this right?

Or is it better for using the TYPO3 built
>> in function TYPO3_CONF_VARS['FE']['compressionLevel']?
> This only enables gzip for the TYPO3 output, not for static files. You
> should use compressionLevel for your content and EXT:scriptmerger for
> your includes.

Thanks for this information, so I gonna use both then.

For the compression I will wait for the update of scriptmerger, thanks a
lot for this great work!

Best Regards,

Dominic