[TYPO3-english] scriptmerger and compression

Dominic Garms djgarms at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 02:35:01 CEST 2011

Hello,

Im wondering, whats wrong with scriptmerger and the compression of JS
and CSS. I got some feedback that my website doesnt load the CSS and JS
because of activated compression. The same browser (IE 8 ) loads on one
PC the site normally, on the other PC the CSS doesnt load at all. Is
there a function in the browser how to activate the decompression? If I
deactivate the compression the problem is gone...

How can I avoid this problem? Or is it better for using the TYPO3 built
in function TYPO3_CONF_VARS['FE']['compressionLevel']?

Thanks and Regards,

Dominic