[TYPO3-english] Mapping Content ElementContainers withTypoScript

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Tue Oct 12 14:32:13 CEST 2010

> Would you happen to know how to add custom / more columns, since
> NORMAL LEFT RIGHT BORDER may not be enough for my needs.

To add them to the backend you can use TSconfig or extTables.php
After all colPos is just a field that gets rendered as a selectbox.
i.e. you can use this page TSconfig:

TCEFORM.tt_content.colPos.addItems {
    4 = My New Column
    5 = Another Column
}

The only difference between them will be the colPos used to fetch the content.

styles.content.get

uses colPos 0 within the select of the CONTENT element. The others use 1,2 and 3.
So you just have to make sure to add new columns and change the colPos in the TS accordingly.

HTH

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
Xing: http://contact.cybercraft.de