[TYPO3-english] Mapping Content ElementContainers withTypoScript

Dayle Rees dre at llgc.org.uk
Tue Oct 12 15:11:52 CEST 2010

On 12/10/10 13:32, JoH asenau wrote:
>> Would you happen to know how to add custom / more columns, since
>> NORMAL LEFT RIGHT BORDER may not be enough for my needs.
>>
> To add them to the backend you can use TSconfig or extTables.php
> After all colPos is just a field that gets rendered as a selectbox.
> i.e. you can use this page TSconfig:
>
> TCEFORM.tt_content.colPos.addItems {
>      4 = My New Column
>      5 = Another Column
> }
>
> The only difference between them will be the colPos used to fetch the content.
>
> styles.content.get
>
> uses colPos 0 within the select of the CONTENT element. The others use 1,2 and 3.
> So you just have to make sure to add new columns and change the colPos in the TS accordingly.
>
> HTH
>
> Joey

Hmm, thanks again for your reply, however adding the TS above to the
page 'setup' gives me no new columns, even after a clear cache, sorry to
be a bother Joey, I am really grateful for all this help!

--
Dayle Rees BSc MCP

Rhaglennydd Datblygu'r We               Web Applications Developer
Isadran Cyfrifiaduron                   Computer Section
Llyfrgell Genedlaethol Cymru            National Library of Wales
Aberystwyth,                            Aberystwyth
Ceredigion,                             Ceredigion
SY23 3BU                                SY23 3BU

Ffôn / Phone: 01970 632425              Ffacs / Fax: 01970 632425
EBost / Email: dayle.rees at llgc.org.uk   We / Web: http://www.llgc.org.uk