[TYPO3-english] Imaginary Login Labels

Susanne Moog info at susannemoog.de
Fri Oct 8 12:03:42 CEST 2010

Hi,

On 07.10.2010 15:50, Dayle Rees wrote:
> Hi list!
>
> We have recently upgraded our TYPO3 installations and have slowly
> lowered the number of bugs down to a few tricky ones which we can't seem
> to track down. A picture is worth a thousand words, so I believe this
> screen-shot may better explain the problem :
>
> http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/930/sillybug.png
>
> It appears that our login prompt is lacking some of the labels,
> including the 'value' for the login button. I have tried to track this
> down in the source, and even hard code the values in if necessary
> however it does not seem to change.
>
> Has anyone else experienced this, or have a suggestion that I might try?

have you tried setting the login labels in the install tool? There is an
option called login labels which can be used to overwrite the default
labels. (It's only a workaround because normally you should not have to
define the labels yourself, but it's probably worth a try).

The default labels should be:
Username|Password|Interface|Log In|Log Out|Backend,Front End,Traditional
Backend|Administration Login on |(Note: Cookies and JavaScript must be
enabled!)|Important Messages:|Your login attempt did not succeed. Make
sure to spell your username and password correctly, including
upper/lowercase characters.

HTH,

Susanne