[TYPO3-english] Imaginary Login Labels

Dayle Rees dre at llgc.org.uk
Fri Oct 8 13:39:10 CEST 2010

On 08/10/10 11:03, Susanne Moog wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 07.10.2010 15:50, Dayle Rees wrote:
>
>> Hi list!
>>
>> We have recently upgraded our TYPO3 installations and have slowly
>> lowered the number of bugs down to a few tricky ones which we can't seem
>> to track down. A picture is worth a thousand words, so I believe this
>> screen-shot may better explain the problem :
>>
>> http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/930/sillybug.png
>>
>> It appears that our login prompt is lacking some of the labels,
>> including the 'value' for the login button. I have tried to track this
>> down in the source, and even hard code the values in if necessary
>> however it does not seem to change.
>>
>> Has anyone else experienced this, or have a suggestion that I might try?
>>
> have you tried setting the login labels in the install tool? There is an
> option called login labels which can be used to overwrite the default
> labels. (It's only a workaround because normally you should not have to
> define the labels yourself, but it's probably worth a try).
>
> The default labels should be:
> Username|Password|Interface|Log In|Log Out|Backend,Front End,Traditional
> Backend|Administration Login on |(Note: Cookies and JavaScript must be
> enabled!)|Important Messages:|Your login attempt did not succeed. Make
> sure to spell your username and password correctly, including
> upper/lowercase characters.
>
> HTH,
>
> Susanne

Hi Susanne,

I have looked in the install tool at the loginLabels box and the
contents are exactly the same as yours, but still no luck!

Thanks for having a go though! :)

I will puzzle on.

Dayle.

--
Dayle Rees BSc MCP

Rhaglennydd Datblygu'r We               Web Applications Developer
Isadran Cyfrifiaduron                   Computer Section
Llyfrgell Genedlaethol Cymru            National Library of Wales
Aberystwyth,                            Aberystwyth
Ceredigion,                             Ceredigion
SY23 3BU                                SY23 3BU

Ffôn / Phone: 01970 632425              Ffacs / Fax: 01970 632425
EBost / Email: dayle.rees at llgc.org.uk   We / Web: http://www.llgc.org.uk