[TYPO3-english] Translations (core and extensions) in general - what's the status?

Søren Madsen sma at science.au.dk
Mon Nov 22 12:11:57 CET 2010

Hey all,

I'm writing to the general mailing list, since the translations mailing list seems more or less dead [1].

The idea of having a central translation server, facilitating translations of everything core and extensions is good – but is anyone using it anymore?

On the translations Wiki [2] there's a link to currently installed extensions [3]  – and many of these extensions are old and needs updating. The website itself [4] holds very little information – and not even a link to the Wiki which holds _some_ information on what the idea is with the translation server. I've seen some mentioning [5] of a new method of handling translation is in development – but what ever happened to that?

I guess my basic question is: What is the status quo of translation handling in TYPO3 – and where is it going?

Please note: I'm not criticising anyone – I'm just trying to figure out how this works / should work.

Kind regards,
Søren Madsen
Aarhus University

[1] http://lists.typo3.org/pipermail/typo3-translators/2010-October/thread.html