[TYPO3-translators] translation team

Jan-Claas Glindemann jcglindemann at googlemail.com
Wed Jul 29 00:44:44 CEST 2009

Hi Dmitry,
thanks for the comments.
Ok, I understood there is nothing to do because everything will change
soon. Hm, I went to the typo3camp in Hamburg this year and I realized
there is nobody really up to date how the translation system works. In
this big (typo3) project I thought we should change this soon. So
first of all we can put some more information in the website. For
newbies in typo3 there is nearly no information in there. I think
there should be some information how this system works, what e.g. to
with own extension-translations, how to... "read the list" is not what
the people will do. No, I think it make sense to have a short
inforamtion about this in the website. So I think: if I can understand
this process I can explain it in the website, too.
I know in this opensource projects there is a lot to do and mostly the
responsibles (you?)  cannot do everything because of time, so I can
only offer my time and just do it. Perhaps I can help in the new
system. There will be always help needed I guess...

regards
Jan-Claas

2009/7/27 Dmitry Dulepov <dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com>:
> Hi!
>
> Jan-Claas Glindemann wrote:
>> I would like to spend some time for the translation team. E.g. update
>> the Website http://translation.typo3.org/, check in new project or
>> just translate...
>
> There are three tasks in this list:
> - Update the site: what exactly do you want to do?
> - Check in the project: there is no such thing
> - Just translate: search the list for instructions how to do it
>
>> Can anybody help me? In the german list they told me Dmitry is the one.
>
> All activities are on hold because a new translation system is being developed as a part of GSOC. Ingo Renner is coordinating that activity. When this system comes online, I will stop supporting translations. For now it does not make sense to do major changes because they all will become obsolete when a new translation system is online.
>
> --
> Dmitry Dulepov
> LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitrydulepov
> Twitter: http://twitter.com/dmitryd