[TYPO3-translators] translation chinese simple

Tim Wendisch t.wendisch at rothfeld.de
Fri Jul 31 15:37:39 CEST 2009

Hi all,
I am setting up a big Typo3 installation with different language and google
maps etc.. These language are: german, french, russian, japanese, chinese,
etc.

While i tried to implement the chinese (simplyfied) i found out the typo3 is
using "ch" as language code for this translation. If I use the code below
for installation, the translations for the different extensions (translated
manually with the extension llxmltranslate)work BUT google maps is still in
english becourse the given language parameter is wrong. (for google maps it
is &hl=)( in this case &hl=ch)

config{
    htmlTag_langKey = ZH-cn
    metaCharset = utf-8
    locale_all = zh_cn.utf8
    sys_language_uid = 9
    language = ch
}

If I change the code in the correct (correct for googlemaps) way then the
translations cannot be found anymore
the correct code would be:

config{
    htmlTag_langKey = ZH-cn