[TYPO3-english] Translations (core and extensions) in general - what's the status?

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Mon Nov 22 12:19:12 CET 2010

> I'm writing to the general mailing list, since the translations mailing list seems more or less dead [1].

There's not so much to discuss ;-)

> The idea of having a central translation server, facilitating translations of everything core and extensions is good – but is anyone using it anymore?
Of course, the core uses it and the translators translate it into their
languages. If sb. wants to have an extension installed to translate it,
Dmitry installs it (and also updates the extensions from time to time).

The information in the wiki is IMHO useless (why should it be of
interest?). I think it should be removed as it is not maintained.

The project of rewriting the translation server died some time ago, I
know of nobody working on it. There was a GsoC project, but IIRC the
outcome wasn't usable to replace LL-XML.
However nobody is happy with the situation, as the server is e.g. not
version-aware and labels are changed in all TYPO3 versions, if modified.

Kind regards
Steffen

--
Steffen Gebert