[TYPO3-english] ext comments_ic - do not show anything when "disabled"

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Mon Nov 15 09:19:12 CET 2010

Hi!

Søren Madsen wrote:
> I'm using Dmitry's comments_ic with tt_news, and everything works great – but I have a very simple inquiry/prayer/wish:
>
> When I choose to "disable" comments for a tt_news record, I do not expect a message with the wording "Commenting has been closed" to appear.
> If I disable comments - I expect nothing regarding comments to appear. Disabling/enabling OR Closing comments are two different scenarios.
>
> Did I miss the option for not showing anything when comments are disabled?

I thought about that too but I decided to leave that message on because
users may wonder why they can't comment. I thought it might be more
friendly to tell them that commenting is closed.

I do not remember details about that extension but it could be possible to
customize the message (set it to empty, for example) through the template
or TS.

> Kind regards – and big props to Dmitry for giving so much to the community,

:)

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core&security team member