[TYPO3-english] ext comments_ic - do not show anything when "disabled"

Søren Madsen sma at science.au.dk
Fri Nov 12 00:18:49 CET 2010

Hi all,

I'm using Dmitry's comments_ic with tt_news, and everything works great – but I have a very simple inquiry/prayer/wish:

When I choose to "disable" comments for a tt_news record, I do not expect a message with the wording "Commenting has been closed" to appear.
If I disable comments - I expect nothing regarding comments to appear. Disabling/enabling OR Closing comments are two different scenarios.

Did I miss the option for not showing anything when comments are disabled?

I understand that I can edit the template to remove some of the output – but that does not eg. remove the "No comments" message.

Kind regards – and big props to Dmitry for giving so much to the community,

Søren Madsen