[TYPO3-english] Displaying news into the right column of ALL pages?

Riccardo De Contardi riccardo.decontardi at bhuman.it
Fri May 14 17:59:34 CEST 2010

In data 14 maggio 2010 alle ore 17:46:19, Benoit Montereau
<bmontereau at gmail.com> ha scritto:

The code must be inserted in your TS Setup template (TS Config configures
the behavior of Typo3's backend)
As you don't use Templavoila, maybe you're more used to a syntax like:

temp.mynews = RECORDS

instead of lib.mynews...

> -news are comming from tt_news, so why are you using tt_content?

Well, that's because you want to duplicate the ELEMENT (LIST or LATEST)
that retrieves the news from your sysfolder, and this IS a content
element, so it belongs to tt_content. the ID is the ID of THIS content
element, not the ID of the sysfolder

Best Regards

> Hi,
> Thank you for your replies. Actually, I'm not using Templavoila, so I
> would
> better use the typoscript approach.
> As I never made such integration, would it be possible to give me more
> info
> where and how I have to integrate the typoscript code you gave me:
>
> lib.mynews = RECORDS
> lib.mynews {
>  tables = tt_content
>  source = ID # Enter the object's ID here
> }
>
> -should this code be inserted in the main template or in the TS config
> field
> for a given page?
> -news are comming from tt_news, so why are you using tt_content?
> -how can I give the ID (source = ID)? Id of the sysfolder where the news
> are
> stored?
>
> Hope you can help me.
> Regards,
> BM
>

> On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 2:08 PM, Riccardo De Contardi <
> riccardo.decontardi at bhuman.it> wrote:
>
>> Your list of news is a record in the "tt_content" table, so in good ol'
>> typoscript:
>>
>> lib.mynews = RECORDS
>> lib.mynews {
>>  tables = tt_content
>>  source = ID # Enter the object's ID here
>> }
>>
>> Otherwise, take a look at
>> http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/kb_tv_cont_slide/current/
>>
>> (I've assumed you use Templavoila ;))
>> Cheers.
>>

>> In data 14 maggio 2010 alle ore 13:01:37, Benoit Montereau <
>> bmontereau at gmail.com> ha scritto:
>>

>>  I would like to display news on my website in the right column. I'm
>> using
>>> tt_news v.3.
>>> My website is divided into several sections and 3-4 page levels. Every
>>> section will have its own list of news.
>>>
>>> On the main page of each section there is no problem to display the
>>> list
>>> of
>>> news (a new content record is inserted) but what should I do in order