[TYPO3-english] Weirdest bug i've ever seen - Imagemagick not recognized when conecting to BE from a certain ISP

Christophe Stadler cs at cs-cc.com
Mon Jun 14 20:27:44 CEST 2010

Hi Bernd,

> just some thoughts:
> racing-conditions?
> proxy/caches on the internet-connection?

Never heard of these but makes sense from what i can tell, will check with
the ISP

> more to observe:

> - different browser on same computer and same internet connection?

Same result on Firefox, Safari, Opera: ImageMagick not detected and
resulting problems

> - different computer (with same(?) version of browser) on same internet
> connection?

He can't test the same version, the other computer he has is only running
OSX 10.4, but the result is the same on Safari and Firefox even on this old
computer.

So both computers exhibit the same exact problems with different
Hardware/OS/Browserversions

> - same browser/computer on different internet connection?

Not sure yet, he couldn't test his machine on another ISP since he lives in
the countryside, we will check this tomorrow. But since 6 computers with
different OS and browsers on 3 different ISPs work flawlessly my guess is
his computer is going to work with another ISP ... Will report back here on
this