[TYPO3-english] Weirdest bug i've ever seen - Imagemagick not recognized when conecting to BE from a certain ISP

Christophe Stadler cs at cs-cc.com
Wed Jun 16 18:52:42 CEST 2010

Well ... Mystery solved :)

I somehow knew it couldn't be a bug ... I think 'chasing ghosts' is the term

So ... In fact my student being new to the whole web development thingy
somehow had the habit to always use www.mydomain.com/typo3/ when acessing
the backend but i only had configured mydomain.com and not www.mydomain.com
... And i didn't have the same httpd conf for these two domains, www. Was
running in php mode and the other one in php cgi mode, one had typo3
settings and the other not

So all the time we thought we were acessing the same URL (it never occured
to me that my student had decided to use the www. Subdomain, of all the
things we trouble shooted this is the one thing i never looked at, the
location bar in the browser

But the ISP and provider also choked on this for a couple of days, spinning
the wildest theories .. I was starting to believe in vodoo magic

In the end it is a technician from my provider who caught the thing so i'm a
huge fan of my provider now :)

No harm done, a couple of days wasted but a very good exercise for my
student and a reminder for me to not assume anything and check EVERYTHING

PS: i'm a bit sad cause the vodoo magic was kind of an interesting theory

On 6/14/10 4:46 PM, in article
mailman.1.1276527029.17577.typo3-english at lists.typo3.org, "Dmitry Dulepov"