[TYPO3-english] License of the introduction package

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Tue Jul 13 13:37:32 CEST 2010

> As I have only ever used TV, I'm not clear on whether things like
> flexible backend layout and FCE's are available to
> Automaketemplate/Jetts. EG it's easy in TV to create a 2-col FCE
> which can be easily populated by editors and, in the backend,
> displays appropriately as two content columns. Similarly with more
> complex FCE's you can augment how the content containing areas appear
> in the backend to make life easy for the editors. Are such things
> possible / going to be possible with Jetts, or is it only really a
> solution for simpler sites? I've looked at IceBox/IcePack, but it
> doesn't seem to be quite on a par with TV.

ICE Pack was never meant to be a replacement for FCE, since it is following a completely different principle. So of course it's not quite on par with TV ;-)

FCE will create fixed structures for different content elements that then can be used by editors only in the way they have been defined. So actually they are not flexible but restrictive when used.

ICE will give the editors the option to freely combine default and special ICE elements based on IRRE features of the core to create individual elements on their own. Additionally ICE will give you a user interface to easily create GIFBUILDER based graphical headers without knowing TypoScript at all. Last but not least it contains ICE flavors, which is the successor of fancy corners and will let you create fancy styled content boxes that you can assign to any kind of content element.

The major difference is that ICE will work for both TV and non TV based sites, while FCE aren't available outside the TV world.

If it's just about having a matching backend layout you should take a look at this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsxfNd4TYbk

It's already in use as a prototype here:
http://www.charles-voegele.com

Current plans are to have this ready for 4.5 and there is a forge project for it called "modernbe".
Could be interesting to combine it with Jetts to get a real TV successor.

Have fun wiht it

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
Xing: http://contact.cybercraft.de