[TYPO3-english] License of the introduction package

Denyerec denyerec at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 13:19:32 CEST 2010

On Tue, 13 Jul 2010 11:11:54 +0100, Dmitry Dulepov <dmitry at typo3.org>
wrote:
> Jetts is going to have TV–like mapping combined with
> automaketemplate–like
> TS. I think it will become a hit soon. I saw a demo at T3UNI10 and I was
> very impressed. I think of switching from TV to Jetts because I liked its
> simple interface more than current TV's interface. And it does not need
> XML.

As I have only ever used TV, I'm not clear on whether things like flexible
backend layout and FCE's are available to Automaketemplate/Jetts. EG it's
easy in TV to create a 2-col FCE which can be easily populated by editors
and, in the backend, displays appropriately as two content columns.
Similarly with more complex FCE's you can augment how the content
containing areas appear in the backend to make life easy for the editors.
Are such things possible / going to be possible with Jetts, or is it only
really a solution for simpler sites? I've looked at IceBox/IcePack, but it
doesn't seem to be quite on a par with TV.

Apologies if such information is available online, if so a reference to it
would be appreciated as the Jetts manual did not reveal answers to these
questions.

Kindest regards,
Denyer

-----