[TYPO3-english] Help with RealURL

Christian Tardif christian.tardif at servinfo.ca
Sat Jan 30 04:54:20 CET 2010

Xavier Perseguers wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> I downloaded and installed RealURL (latest) on a Typo3 4.2.11 (really
>> can't go on 4.3 for now). I followed the documentation on setting
>> RealURL to make it work (somewhat simple). But the result is far from
>> what I would need.
>
> ... meaning you did not read documentation carefully enough...

You're surely true.  I'm in deep reading, now.

>> At first, the backend work as crap. When I click on a page, instead of
>> showing me the page editor, I see the page preview (on the right pane).
>
> RealURL does not change URL at all while in backend. Are you sure your
> .htaccess for Apache was not modified without understanding what was
> there? The one _.htaccess shipped with TYPO3 is normally just fine for
> most common use cases and don't need to be touched except by renaming
> it to make it visible to Apache.

You pointed something, here. The .htaccess. I dunno why, but this file
has been removed at install time. So I recreated it (well, in vhosts
file, with slashes added), and now my backend is working correctly. But
I'm still stucked with the fact that my site is still not working with
realURL.  Even if my site home page looks pretty ;), I would like to be
able to show all others, as well. Probably something not configured...
I'll find out, or I'll get back to you, annoying a little more  :).

Thanks for the tip.

--

*Christian Tardif*