[TYPO3-english] fresh install

Marcus 'biesior' Biesioroff vsbies at wp.pl
Sat Jan 23 20:26:51 CET 2010

W dniu 2010-01-22 02:10, Mark Smith pisze:
> I have tried doing a fresh install of typo to see if my problems
> would go away. Unfortunately, I have more now. After installing the
> source and dummy package, and enabling the install tool, I get this upon
> trying to connect to the database:
>
> The current username, password or host was not accepted when the
> connection to the database was attempted to be established!

I read similar problem on the other forum, the install tool started with
this error although it should ask first for the DB credentials, that's
abnormal situation in his case the helpful was just manual inserting
this data in typo3conf/localconf.php

Open this file in editor and add/replace these variables with correct
values:

$typo_db_username = 'correct_db_username';
$typo_db_host = 'localhost'; // most probably localhost but change if
required, maybe your host requires other domain?
$typo_db_password = 'correct_db_password';
$typo_db = 'existing_database_name';

--
Marcus 'biesior' Biesioroff
a.k.a. Marek Krawczyk (original)