[TYPO3-english] fresh install

Peter Russ peter.russ at 4many.net
Fri Jan 22 10:19:09 CET 2010

--- Original Nachricht ---
Absender:   Mark Smith
Datum:       22.01.2010 02:10:
> I have tried doing a fresh install of typo to see if my problems
> would go away. Unfortunately, I have more now. After installing the
> source and dummy package, and enabling the install tool, I get this upon
> trying to connect to the database:
>
> The current username, password or host was not accepted when the
> connection to the database was attempted to be established!
>
> Trying to access the database with these credentials using a normal
> mysql client works fine. Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this?

Which OS and PHP-version is on the server?
If is SUSE and PHP 5.2.11 you have a good chance to read this in the
php-errorlog (please enable at least for your site)

PHP-Errorlog:
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: mm_create(0,
/var/lib/php5/session_mm_apache2handler0) failed, err mm:core: failed to
acquire shared memory segment (Invalid argument) in Unknown on line 0

ref:
http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=49913

Does that help?

Peter.