[TYPO3-english] Upgraded to 4.2, having problems with RTE changes.

Cameron themselves at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 10:42:22 CET 2010

On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 5:31 PM, Jigal van Hemert <jigal at xs4all.nl> wrote:

> Cameron wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 7:18 PM, Jigal van Hemert <jigal at xs4all.nl>
>> wrote:

>>> temp.headTemplate is most likely filled with all the necessary header
>>> stuff
>>> already. Replacing this with a link to a single css file will probably
>>> not
>>> improve things, but only make things worse.
>>>
>> Wouldn't this only change the template for the front end, not the back end
>>
>> where it needs to change?
>>

> The whole discussion mentioned "Typoscript", "page object", etc. This is
> surely about the frontend. The backend doesn't use Typoscript; you can
> configure quite a bit of the backend with (page or user) TSConfig.
>

>  That said, I don't know where to change the
>> template for the back end either. I tried grepping for some of the strings
>> find in the header of the page that has the RTE loaded, such as "function
>> jumpToUrl", and find that it's defined individually in about 20 different
>> places? Surely that's not right?
>>

> The backend doesn't really use templating. There is support for creating a
> skin to change the styling of the backend.
> Extbase/fluid could also be used to generate the output of a BE plugin, but
> a lot is constructed directly by core scripts.
>
> Regards, Jigal.

Right, well I'm officially confused as hell then. Or more to the point, I
think I have a bug that has nothing to do with what I'm trying to fix, and
even if I eventually manage to work out where to link this css file it's not
going to solve the problem.

What's happening is that when I try and center, left or right align text in
the RTE, it doesn't work - and it changes the drop down next to it to say
"unknown text style" or words of that nature. Everything else works, bolding
text, lists, all that stuff, it's just the text align features, they don't
work. So installing this css isn't going to fix this, hmm? Well then, I
really am back to square one.

Regards,

Cameron