[TYPO3-english] Upgraded to 4.2, having problems with RTE changes.

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Thu Jan 21 10:31:59 CET 2010

Cameron wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 7:18 PM, Jigal van Hemert <jigal at xs4all.nl> wrote:
>> Typo Three wrote:
>>>  Try the following code above page = PAGE in your code
>>> temp.headTemplate = TEXT
>>> temp.headTemplate.value = <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="
>>> path of your needed css file" />
>>>
>> 1. It looks like it is a site which uses automaketemplate, so
>> temp.headTemplate is most likely filled with all the necessary header stuff
>> already. Replacing this with a link to a single css file will probably not
>> improve things, but only make things worse.
> Wouldn't this only change the template for the front end, not the back end
> where it needs to change?

The whole discussion mentioned "Typoscript", "page object", etc. This is
surely about the frontend. The backend doesn't use Typoscript; you can
configure quite a bit of the backend with (page or user) TSConfig.

> That said, I don't know where to change the
> template for the back end either. I tried grepping for some of the strings I
> find in the header of the page that has the RTE loaded, such as "function
> jumpToUrl", and find that it's defined individually in about 20 different
> places? Surely that's not right?

The backend doesn't really use templating. There is support for creating
a skin to change the styling of the backend.
Extbase/fluid could also be used to generate the output of a BE plugin,
but a lot is constructed directly by core scripts.

Regards, Jigal.