[TYPO3-english] Upgraded to 4.2, having problems with RTE changes.

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Thu Jan 21 13:56:26 CET 2010

Cameron wrote:
> Right, well I'm officially confused as hell then. Or more to the point, I
> think I have a bug that has nothing to do with what I'm trying to fix, and
> even if I eventually manage to work out where to link this css file it's not
> going to solve the problem.

The configuration of the RTE, the way it translates the text to the
database, etc. is pretty complex. There are many pages on the web with
good default configurations. One of them is a nice (German) thread in a
forum which is expanding for a few years [1].

The styling van de content inside the RTE can be done by setting
TSConfig: [2]
RTE.default.contentCSS = path/to/file.css

[1] http://www.typo3.net/index.php?id=13&action=list_post&tid=39948&page=1
[2]
http://www.busynoggin.com/noggins-notebook/articles/detail/digging-into-the-rich-text-editor/

There's loads of stuff around for getting the configuration right for
the RTE :-)

Regards, Jigal.