[TYPO3-english] Send mail true FORM Object with Typoscript not working

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Wed Jan 20 18:09:01 CET 2010

> We want to create a simple "call me" mailform with/in Typoscript,
> where customers can enter their phone number and submit.
> We've created a simple Typoscript object but the mail is NOT send!
>
> #page.10 < temp.callback
> lib.callback >
> lib.callback  < temp.callback
> #------------test script end  ------------
>
> 4 issues to keep in mind when writing an answer!
>
> 1) test mail in Install mode works!
> 2) A normal mailform as Content Element  in a page works also!

Should be working with the settings you mention later.

> 3)  The objects works fine when I attach the Temp Typoscript Object to
> "page.10" (see example above)

Which it should not due to secureFormmail setting.

> How can get this FORM working without major security issues  :)
>
> - Both Formmail security :  [FE][strictFormmail] = 1 and
> [FE][secureFormmail] = 1 needs to stay like ON!

[strictFormmail] Boolean. If set, the internal "formmail" feature in TYPO3
will send mail ONLY to recipients which has been encoded by the system
itself. This protects against spammers misusing the formmailer.

[secureFormmail] Boolean. If set, the internal "formmail" feature in TYPO3
will send mail ONLY to the recipients that are defined in the form CE
record. This protects against spammers misusing the formmailer.

According to the install tool, it should not work at all, if you really want
to keep BOTH settings AND want to create the form by TypoScript. The only
way I can think of is to create a "real" Form CE and then assign this to
your TypoScript Template via RECORDS:

temp.blah = RECORDS
temp.blah {
    source = 123