[TYPO3-english] CoolURI and standard search

Axel Joensson a.joensson at web.de
Thu Feb 25 14:07:46 CET 2010

Hello

and thanks for replying. The "L" appears in the extens. manager and in
in the CoolURIConf.xml (pasted below). If there are any mistakes in
there, it would be nice to be informed. Anyway, I will install the ext.
again and try and leave the search pages without rewritten URIs, as they
are not relevant for SEO.

Thanks,
Axel

Jan Bednarik <info at bednarik.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> well, CoolURI creates the link in the form and since the data are send
> using post, it doesn't interfere with them.
>
> > Being called, the default German search form appears as defined under
> > example.com/suche.html, the English version under
> > example.com/en/search.html. However, the German form never shows query
> > results, while the English does as desired, but: The English query
> > results appear under example.com/en/suche.html, so, as if it was the
> > German search form ...? As I just saw, I have not defined search target
> > pages in the definitions of these content elements, may that be a
> > reason?
>
> That doesn't sound like CoolURI was responsible. If it didn't work at
> all, I'd understand, but this way... I don't know.
>
> > Why does the German form not work, and why is the English version
> > working, though calling the "wrong" action "en/suche.html" (as though
> > may be expected looking at the 'value="L0"'-parameter)?
> >
> > Among the "Cached links", there also appears the English query result as
> > "en/suche" with parameters "L=1&id=67&no_cache=1". The German form only
> > is listed as "suche" with id=67.
>
> Try to delete the link cache.
>
> I remember someone having such issue and the reason was that he didn't
> install the extension properly, he didn't submit the settings, saying
> that "L" is the language var and then pages were not translated. I don't
> remember whether I fixed it. So try to reinstall.

Just for info, the CoolURIconf.xml:

<cooluri>

        <urlsuffix exclude=".xml$">.html</urlsuffix>
        <removetrailingslash>1</removetrailingslash>

  <cooluris>1</cooluris>

  <cache>
    <usecache>1</usecache>
    <params2cool>
      <checkforchangeevery>1</checkforchangeevery>
    </params2cool>
    <cool2params>
      <translateifnotfound>0</translateifnotfound>
      <oldlinksvalidfor>365</oldlinksvalidfor>
    </cool2params>
    <cacheparams>0</cacheparams>

    <pagenotfound>
      <status>HTTP/1.0 404 Not Found</status>
      <behavior type="message"><![CDATA[ <h1>Page not found!</h1>
]]></behavior>
    </pagenotfound>
  </cache>

  <pagepath>
    <title>alias,subtitle,title</title>
    <saveto>id</saveto>
    <default>0</default>
    <userfunc>tx_cooluri->getPageTitle</userfunc>
  </pagepath>

  <uriparts>
    <part>
      <parameter>tx_ttnews[tt_news]</parameter>
      <lookindb>
        <to>SELECT title FROM tt_news WHERE uid=$1</to>
        <translatetoif>
          <match>^[0-9]+$</match>
        </translatetoif>
        <urlize>1</urlize>
      </lookindb>
    </part>
    <part>
      <parameter>tx_eeblog[showUid]</parameter>
      <lookindb>
        <to>SELECT subject FROM tx_eeblog_maintable WHERE uid=$1</to>
        <translatetoif>
          <match>^[0-9]+$</match>
        </translatetoif>
        <urlize>1</urlize>
      </lookindb>
    </part>
  </uriparts>

  <predefinedparts>
    <part>
      <parameter>tx_ttnews[backPid]</parameter>
    </part>
    <part>
      <parameter>cHash</parameter>
    </part>
    <part>
      <parameter>tx_eeblog[pointer]</parameter>
    </part>
    <part>
      <parameter>tx_eeblog[backPID]</parameter>
    </part>
    <part>
      <parameter>no_cache</parameter>
    </part>