[TYPO3-english] Indexed search and frontend usergroups

Peter Russ peter.russ at 4many.net
Tue Feb 23 11:52:15 CET 2010

--- Original Nachricht ---
Absender:   Bartbogdan
Datum:       23.02.2010 11:31:
> Op 2010-02-22 12:33:06 +0100, zei Peter Russ <peter.russ at 4many.net>:
>

> So I think I would have to extend indexed search then. But I find it
> strange that users do not run into this problem more often. Or does
> noone use indexed search? If so, are there better search solutions that
> are easy to install and do not need extra server software?

I once adapted indexed_search for customers to make crawling and search
more efficient.

Limitations:
1) Access rights on page level NOT on CE level, i.e. if a group is
allowed to see a page ALL content elements on the page has to be
accessable for the group.
2) if a page is accessable for a subgroup search results search will be
shown for all groups containing this subgroup. This reduced the required
groups settings for the crawler.

If I have time I will publish feature request & patch in
bugs.typo3.org. Will take about 1 week.

Regs. Peter.

--
loans that change lives http://www.kiva.org