[TYPO3-english] Indexed search and frontend usergroups

Bartbogdan bdubelaar at sundayafternoon.nl
Tue Feb 23 11:31:53 CET 2010

Op 2010-02-22 12:33:06 +0100, zei Peter Russ <peter.russ at 4many.net>:

> [...]

Yes I understand that. But in this case (and I believe in many cases)
most content does not change for different usergroups. Also we are
using many usergroups, this results in users having almost unique
combinations of usergroups. So in effect the user will only find pages
he has visited himself. And in the end most of these pages are exactly
the same as if they were viewed without any usergroup..
I don't think that the crawler will help out here, as I must then
configure the crawler to crawl for every combination of usergroups.
Also this will result in thousands of copies of the same page being
indexed and cached.

So I think I would have to extend indexed search then. But I find it
strange that users do not run into this problem more often. Or does
noone use indexed search? If so, are there better search solutions that
are easy to install and do not need extra server software?

Best regards,

Bart Dubelaar