[TYPO3-english] Indexed search and frontend usergroups

Peter Russ peter.russ at 4many.net
Mon Feb 22 12:33:06 CET 2010

--- Original Nachricht ---
Absender:   Bartbogdan
Datum:       22.02.2010 11:27:
> Hello all,
>
> We're experiencing the following issue with indexed search: We have a
> basic setup of indexed search (no crawler) and a basic website with
> frontend user login.
> Now if a user is not logged in then search works perfectly, all pages
> that have ever been viewed and cached are shown in the results. However,
> if a user logs in and uses search, then only results show of pages that
> have been viewed by logged in users. Because users seldom log in almost
> no pages are shown in the results.
> The question is how to disable this behavior? Pages that have been
> viewed and cached with nog coupled usergroup should always be shown in
> the results (seems logical right?). Does anyone have an idea on how to
> solve this?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Bart

First: it's not logical as indexed_search vaildates content against
usergroup(s). So if a user is loged in this is different from no user
loged in, i.e. {0,-1} != {-2,,,}

If you want to change this extend indexed_search or simply use the
crawler ;-)

Peter.

--
loans that change lives http://www.kiva.org