[TYPO3-english] beginner to plugin development

David Bruchmann typo3-en at bruchmann-web.de
Mon Feb 15 21:49:59 CET 2010

Von:        Dmitry Dulepov <dmitry.dulepov+t3ml at gmail.com>
Gesendet:   Montag, 15. Februar 2010 21:12:30

> Hi!

Hi Dmitry,

> On 2010-02-15 17:48:31 +0200, David Bruchmann said:
>> As far as I read about the book it doesn't explain anything about the
>> mvc-concept. So the explained structure of programming is the old
>> pi-class-concept.
>> It's not bad but not modern ;-)
>
> My small two notes about it:
> – MVC implementation in TYPO3 is not stable, it is changing. Writing
> about it in a book would be wrong right now because the book will
> provide false information before it is out. It is going to hurt both the
> book and its readers. It is irresponsible. I will not do that. Second
> edition of the book will be out when I am sure that Extbase&Fluid are
> stable but not before. I am not going to hurt readers.

Your statement is clear and for myself important. I never read any
comments about this item from you before.
Nevertheless I just wanted to mention that for the beginning developer
"Tudor".
Concerning your point of stableness I'd like to here the details of that
you think that they are not stable or will change ...

> – if somebody needs fancy concepts in books, he can sit and wait :)
> Others, who need to code fast, can grab this good book, which helped to
> many people, and start coding with older but working concepts. This will
> help to learn coding for TYPO3 a lot. Then it will be easy to migrate to
> new concepts. This is a clever and practical approach for anybody who is
> serious about TYPO3 extension development.
>
> Select your way :)
>
> P.S. This post is friendly :)

my post is friendly too ;-)

Your book is on my wishlist and I'm interested in your kind of
explaining challenges. Nevertheless I think it's time to think about
working with mvc.

@Tudor:
If you're interested in programming with mvc you can search for this in
the mailinglists (english / german) and you'll get links to documents
about it, perhaps some tips too. On forge.typo3.org and wiki.typo3.org
you can search too.

Best Regards
David