[TYPO3-english] beginner to plugin development

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov+t3ml at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 21:12:30 CET 2010

Hi!

On 2010-02-15 17:48:31 +0200, David Bruchmann said:
> As far as I read about the book it doesn't explain anything about the
> mvc-concept. So the explained structure of programming is the old
> pi-class-concept.
> It's not bad but not modern ;-)

My small two notes about it:
– MVC implementation in TYPO3 is not stable, it is changing. Writing
about it in a book would be wrong right now because the book will
provide false information before it is out. It is going to hurt both
the book and its readers. It is irresponsible. I will not do that.
Second edition of the book will be out when I am sure that
Extbase&Fluid are stable but not before. I am not going to hurt readers.
– if somebody needs fancy concepts in books, he can sit and wait :)
Others, who need to code fast, can grab this good book, which helped to
many people, and start coding with older but working concepts. This
will help to learn coding for TYPO3 a lot. Then it will be easy to
migrate to new concepts. This is a clever and practical approach for
anybody who is serious about TYPO3 extension development.

Select your way :)

P.S. This post is friendly :)

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 expert / TYPO3 security team member