[TYPO3-english] Get content from multiple (different) Database.

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Thu Feb 11 20:32:19 CET 2010

Hi Idar,

> We have a TYPO3 website (Mysql), which contains some iFrames, where content
> is displayed from another website (.net/MSSQL).
> Due to browser restrictions, parent/child communication, Iframe variable
> height and history.back button, is the site uncontrolable! (Even when we
> have total access/control of the server and Database of both websites)
>
> Our goals is to display the content, but to remove the iFrames. And let
> TYPO3 render the pages but from a different Database.
>
> What is the best case scenario?
> Create extensions which get the data from another Database? Using Typo3 DB
> Abstraction Layer?

I would suggest this. I do it for one of my websites.

Other idea would be to write an extension that would act as a "proxy" and raw includes the external content, without iframe. But I guess this will really get complicated if your incorporated content
is not "static" and contains links, forms to "itself".

Regards

--
Xavier Perseguers
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en