[TYPO3-english] Get content from multiple (different) Database.

I.Sprock | Idar Creative mail at idar.nl
Thu Feb 11 16:31:46 CET 2010

Hi List,

We have a TYPO3 website (Mysql), which contains some iFrames, where content
is displayed from another website (.net/MSSQL).
Due to browser restrictions, parent/child communication, Iframe variable
height and history.back button, is the site uncontrolable! (Even when we
have total access/control of the server and Database of both websites)

Our goals is to display the content, but to remove the iFrames. And let
TYPO3 render the pages but from a different Database.

What is the best case scenario?
Create extensions which get the data from another Database? Using Typo3 DB
Abstraction Layer?
or perhaps is there a more easy but effective way?

We would like to be advised by you professionals/experts.

Thank you in advanced

Kind regards,

Idar Sprock