[TYPO3-english] realurl and selector box menu / drop down menu

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Thu Feb 11 19:47:47 CET 2010

> You're right about the COA with HTML cObjects not being the best way
> to do it. dataWrap wouldn't work that well since the opening form tag
> is meant to contain a full url and so needs typolink (part of the
> point was to show that typolink should be used for urls every
> time...), but I can't remember if I had any good reason for not using
> stdWrap's prepend for the opening tag and wrap for the closing one.

In this case it's not necessary to use typolink, since the URL pointing to
the page is already available and you can't use any GET vars for a POST form
anyway.
All you need is the TYPO3_REQUEST_SCRIPT. With realURL even
TYPO3_REQUEST_DIR might be enough (didn't check that though)

10 = HMENU
10 {
    stdWrap.dataWrap = <form action="{getIndpEnv:TYPO3_REQUEST_SCRIPT}"
method="post" id="blah">|</form>
}

The reason for better not splitting up opening and closing tags into
different cObjects is, that many people override stuff using the TypoScript
Object Browser.
Doing that they tend to forget overriding the closing tag, which sometimes
results in a completely weird structure that costs a lot of time to fix.
So whenever possible I try to use one of the different wraps to have opening
and closing tags within one line.

Cheers

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian