[TYPO3-english] realurl and selector box menu / drop down menu

Christopher Torgalson bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 19:28:26 CET 2010

Hi,

On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 10:04 AM, JoH asenau <info at cybercraft.de> wrote:
>> Also, if for any reason JSMENU is not to your liking or doesn't suit
>> your requirements (e.g. if you want to use jQuery or Mootools etc to
>> handle the javascript, or you want optgroup items or something), it's
>> pretty easy to do using TMENU to generate the links:
>>
>> http://www.typo3apprentice.com/blog/single/p/javascript-jump-menu-in-ts/
>
> Just took a look at the code and there is one thing you should better not do
> as shown in the example: Opening and closing form tags should be created
> using a dataWrap of the HMENU instead of HTML elements before and after.
>
> parameter.data = field:uid
> is the same as
> parameter.field = uid
>
> What's really cool about it is the way wrapItemAndSub is used to get the
> closing </optgroup> tag.

Thanks for the critique.

You're right about the COA with HTML cObjects not being the best way
to do it. dataWrap wouldn't work that well since the opening form tag
is meant to contain a full url and so needs typolink (part of the
point was to show that typolink should be used for urls every
time...), but I can't remember if I had any good reason for not using
stdWrap's prepend for the opening tag and wrap for the closing one.

In fact, given that the version I posted is *only* javascript powered,
it's a bit silly to have the action attribute in the form element at
all (it's totally useless since the form never posts anything...) In
the original that I modified for the post, there was a userfunc and a
form button to make the thing work without javascript. Maybe I'll
repost the thing as a longer and more detailed article...

--
Christopher Torgalson
http://www.typo3apprentice.com/