[TYPO3-english] Displaying chinese character set in htmlrtarea backend

David Bruchmann typo3-en at bruchmann-web.de
Wed Feb 10 16:49:12 CET 2010

----- Ursprüngliche Nachricht -----
Von:        Sara Weale <webmaster at llgc.org.uk>
Gesendet:   Mittwoch, 10. Februar 2010 16:39:16
An:         TYPO3-english <typo3-english at lists.netfielders.de>
CC:
Betreff:    [TYPO3-english] Displaying chinese character set in
htmlrtarea	backend
> Dear all,
>
> I hope someone can give me some idea of how to solve this problem.
>
> We have added Chinese content in a few content elements but even though
> they display correctly in the frontend, htmlrtarea converts them to html
> entities in the text editor, making it impossible for contributors to edit.
>
> There aren't Chinese pages, but a mixture of languages on one page (each
> in their own content element).
>
> How do we stop the rte parsing these? Would we use
> 'setCurrent.htmlSpecialChars = 0' in some way?

Hi Sara,

on
http://www.bruchmann-web.de/en/support/typo3/tipps-und-tricks/utf-8-in-typo3/
I have a small explanation  to set up T3 with utf-8.

Furthermore perhaps
http://www.bruchmann-web.de/en/support/typo3/tipps-und-tricks/adding-support-for-mutlilanguage-websites/
is interesting for you.

Using HTML-Templates or other files with special signs may require the
utf-8-fileformat (without BOM) but this wasn't part of your question
because you seem to have only problems with RTE.

Try to follow my first Link and give feedback if anything changes.

Greetz
David