[TYPO3-english] Displaying chinese character set in htmlrtarea backend

Sara Weale "webmaster" at llgc.org.uk
Wed Feb 10 16:39:16 CET 2010

Dear all,

I hope someone can give me some idea of how to solve this problem.

We have added Chinese content in a few content elements but even though
they display correctly in the frontend, htmlrtarea converts them to html
entities in the text editor, making it impossible for contributors to edit.

There aren't Chinese pages, but a mixture of languages on one page (each
in their own content element).

How do we stop the rte parsing these? Would we use
'setCurrent.htmlSpecialChars = 0'  in some way?

Thanks in advance,
Sara

--
Sara Weale
Rheolwr y We / Web Manager

Ffôn/Phone: 01970 632845
Ebost/Email: webmaster at llgc.org.uk
http://www.llgc.org.uk/

Nid yw'r neges yma o reidrwydd yn adlewyrchu barn y Llyfrgell.
This message does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the Library.