[TYPO3-english] Time based pulishing

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Sun Feb 7 14:23:37 CET 2010

Hi,

Rohit Vachhani wrote:
> I have recently installed Typo3 4.3 and was looking for a way to have time
> based publishing. There is an option for adding time in content access tab
> but no time. I had installed date2cal extension, it allows to add time but
> content is not published on the assigned time.

Page content is usually cached. The default cache period is set to 24
hours. You can set in TypoScript
config.cache_period = 86400
(this is the default setting: 24 * 60 * 60 = 86400)

In the page object you can override the config settings:
page.config.cache_period

If the content you want to publish is generated by an extension (e.g.
tt_news, cal) you can also declare the plugin in many cases as a
USER_INT object on that particular page. This will leave the caching of
the rest of the page in tact, but make the content from the extension
(on that page) not cached. This will cost some performance, but you will
see up-to-date content for that extension.

Regards,
--
Jigal van Hemert.