[TYPO3-english] Updating and migrating OS 32Bit -> 64Bit and MySQL 4.1 -> 5.0 and TYPO3 4.2 -> 4.3

Götz Reinicke - IT-Koordinator goetz.reinicke at filmakademie.de
Wed Feb 3 16:04:00 CET 2010

Hi Peter,

Peter Niederlag schrieb:
> Hello,
>
> Götz Reinicke - IT-Koordinator schrieb:
>> Hi,
> [...]
>> addusted some mysql settings (sql-mode=MYSQL4), cleared all caches and
>
> ouutch, why would someone do that? I would suspect this to have negative
> side-effects, it is also never needed IMO.

I did this, because some posters on lists suggested this, e.g. from this
(german) Forum:

http://www.typo3.net/index.php?id=13&action=list_post&tid=62628

and this option is dicussed here:

http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=2059

and the setting is also mentioned in the TYPO3 Install.txt ...

Q:	I went through the setup process and created an admin user. Why can't
I log in now?
A:	If you use MySQL 5.x or newer, try setting it to "compatible" mode.
Open the TYPO3 Install tool under http://example.com/typo3/ install/
(where example.com is the web site domain), navigate to "All
configuration". find "setDBinit", and add this line to the top of the
input field: SET SESSION sql_mode='MYSQL40'

(But this did not work either.)

> [...]
>
>> all tempfiles I can find, loged in from different computers with
>> different browsers.
>>
>> Everywhere the same problem and no messages or hints on what's going on.
>>
>> Any (more) ideas?
>
> You need to tackle this step by step....
>
> Some things to do:
> * make sure DB Data is correct

How to check this? What else as dump and import from the comandline with
the mysql tools may I do? (I did a check and repair of the db as well
(no errors))

> * make sure TYPO3-sources are in a healthy state (non patched)

Fresh Download from typo3.org (twice.)

> * make sure permissions in filessystem are correct

Owner of all files is the httpd user. Files are rw as suggested.

> * make sure TYPO3/Install-Tool doesn't report any bad problems

Done.

> * clear session tables

Done and empty.

> * check for iptables and/or .htaccess and/or localconf IP restrictions

Everything cleared and checked.

> * disable rewrite-rules in apache/disable realurl
> * start with an empty dummy-site to see if that works

This haven't I checked yet.

> * get someone to have a look at it.

I asked somewone who works in an TYPO3 company (www.dpool.de) But they
had no clue so far either. (We did not spend a lot of time on this topic
as I would not spent so mutch money right now.)

Thanks so far - Cheers,

	Götz
--
Götz Reinicke
IT-Koordinator

Tel. +49 7141 969 420
Fax  +49 7141 969 55 420
E-Mail goetz.reinicke at filmakademie.de

Filmakademie Baden-Württemberg GmbH
Akademiehof 10
71638 Ludwigsburg
www.filmakademie.de

Eintragung Amtsgericht Stuttgart HRB 205016
Vorsitzende des Aufsichtsrats:
Prof. Dr. Claudia Hübner
Staatsrätin für Demographischen Wandel und für Senioren im Staatsministerium

Geschäftsführer:
Prof. Thomas Schadt