[TYPO3-english] Updating and migrating OS 32Bit -> 64Bit and MySQL 4.1 -> 5.0 and TYPO3 4.2 -> 4.3

Peter Niederlag typo3-list at niekom.de
Thu Feb 4 13:00:08 CET 2010

Hello,

Götz Reinicke - IT-Koordinator schrieb:
> Hi Peter,
[...]
> I did this, because some posters on lists suggested this, e.g. from this
> (german) Forum:
[...]

Alright, wasn't aware of that. ;) I never ran in any of those problems
yet. Anyway, if you want/need to set compat mode you have to do it with
'MYSQL40' NOT with 'MYSQL4' (add a '0'!)
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/server-sql-mode.html

Does that make any difference? Porbbaly RHEL5 has some more strict
settings enbale by default, haven't had any RHEL in recent time.

sql-mode setting probably causing problems would be
'NO_AUTO_VALUE_ON_ZERO' or 'STRICT_ALL_TABLES' IMO.

Could you open a mysql-cli and see what these statements return:
SELECT @@GLOBAL.sql_mode;
SELECT @@SESSION.sql_mode;

btw. good help would be to set sqlDebug=1 and devIpMask to the IP of
your LOCAl machine in the install-tool. That way you should be able see
any sql-errors (like they seem to occure).

[...]

>> Some things to do:
>> * make sure DB Data is correct
>
> How to check this? What else as dump and import from the comandline with
> the mysql tools may I do? (I did a check and repair of the db as well
> (no errors))

Open an editor (preferably using UTF-8) and see what special characters
look like.

[...]
>> * get someone to have a look at it.
>
> I asked somewone who works in an TYPO3 company (www.dpool.de) But they
> had no clue so far either. (We did not spend a lot of time on this topic
> as I would not spent so mutch money right now.)

Say hi to them. ;)

Greets,
Peter
--