[TYPO3-english] Updating and migrating OS 32Bit -> 64Bit and MySQL 4.1 -> 5.0 and TYPO3 4.2 -> 4.3

Peter Niederlag typo3-list at niekom.de
Wed Feb 3 15:15:45 CET 2010

Hello,

Götz Reinicke - IT-Koordinator schrieb:
> Hi,
[...]
> addusted some mysql settings (sql-mode=MYSQL4), cleared all caches and

ouutch, why would someone do that? I would suspect this to have negative
side-effects, it is also never needed IMO.

[...]

> all tempfiles I can find, loged in from different computers with
> different browsers.
>
> Everywhere the same problem and no messages or hints on what's going on.
>
> Any (more) ideas?

You need to tackle this step by step....

Some things to do:
* make sure DB Data is correct
* make sure TYPO3-sources are in a healthy state (non patched)
* make sure permissions in filessystem are correct
* make sure TYPO3/Install-Tool doesn't report any bad problems
* clear session tables
* check for iptables and/or .htaccess and/or localconf IP restrictions
* disable rewrite-rules in apache/disable realurl
* start with an empty dummy-site to see if that works
* get someone to have a look at it.

hth,
Peter
--