[TYPO3-english] Optimized crawler setup

Christian Hennecke christian.hennecke at os2voice.org
Tue Apr 20 11:33:47 CEST 2010

Hello,

I would like to use the crawler extension to make sure that all pages
and news records on a multi-language site are searchable with
indexed_search. The "normal" site content does not change often, but
news are added on a daily basis. Also, there is quite a number of
existing news that has not been indexed yet.

Can somebody recommend a setup that takes care of the indexing while
keeping server load low? I'm a bit at a loss as to how the crawler and
indexing configurations interact, and I don't want to bring down the
server accidentally.

Christian Hennecke