[TYPO3-english] Moving content + extensions from devsite to livesite

Simon Strandgaard neoneye at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 12:11:12 CEST 2010

On my local computer I have developed some plugins and created a pagetree
with content.

How does one move it to the livesite?

I have clicking around in the export wizard
List view -> Page tree -> Page item -> Popup menu -> More options... ->
Export to .t3d

A typo3 friend of mine warned me that there can be collisions with PIDs and
UIDs
and that you manually via phpmyadmin have to increment the PIDs and UIDs
yourself,
like this:

UPDATE tt_content SET uid = uid + 10000;
UPDATE tt_content SET pid = pid + 10000;
UPDATE pages SET uid = uid + 10000;
UPDATE pages SET pid = pid + 10000;

I tried exporting and importing into an empty TYPO3 site (also on my local
computer)
and it seemed like templavoila things was missing.

How does one move things around without collision?

Is there a standard procedure for it, or an extension that does it?

Is there a checklist so that one is fairly sure the export is good?

Is there a checklist so that one is fairly sure the import doesn't go bad?

--
Best regards
Simon Strandgaard