[TYPO3-english] RC2: What is the csc-default frame for?

Francois Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Thu Nov 26 17:51:50 CET 2009

Hi,

> For what is this default frame

> ?
>
> I have a lot of HTML CE that are puting some html code together --> this
> are wrapped with this default frame too. That makes my code invalid :(

The default wrap around each content element, defined in
tt_content.stdWrap.innerWrap has been changed thoroughly in 4.3. It now
handles the "space before" and "space after" properties as well as
rendering div's around each content element according to the "section
frame" property. Before 4.3, there was no default.

Now the thing is that css_styled_content was split in 4.3. It used to
provide a single, huge static TS file. There are now several such files,
one for each compatibility version and no more TS conditions all over
the place. This makes such files much cleaner although it's a bit harder
to maintain (as changes have to be replicated on all files, if relevant).

So there are two ways for you to change the current situation:

1) you can go back to the 4.2 (or older) renderings, by including a
different static template from css_styled_content. You can choose v3.8,
v3.9 (actually = TYPO3 4.0) or v4.2, instead of the default from 4.3.

2) you can keep the static template from 4.3 and change the rendering by
toying with tt_content.stdWrap.innerWrap.

I know this change should have been advertised more openly, but we (Core
devs) are doing our best. It *is* documented in the NEWS.txt file.
Actually every TYPO3 admin should read this file when upgrading, because
it is the one reference about all changes.

HTH

--

Francois Suter