[TYPO3-english] Typo3 backup

Erik Svendsen erik at linnearad.no
Thu Nov 5 17:51:44 CET 2009

Andreas Becker skrev:
> Hi
>
> Why don't you use siomply the new extensiuon complete  backup which just
> came out yesterday? It really does not make sense to always reinvent wheels
> over and over again. better try to work together with the creator of
> complete backup extensions to improve it to ONE very good backup extension
> which than could even be included in core when stable and useful for
> everyone. Everything else is only messing up the extension repository more
> and more!
>
> Inspire to share!
>
> Andi

Why install an extension for something that you can script outside TYPO3
  in a few minutes and where mostly all necessary code is already written.

The use of extra extensions has impact on performance.

Personally I'm backing up about 30 installations from 6 different
servers on daily basis to a backup-server. The whole process is 100 %
automatic.

regards

Erik Svendsen