[TYPO3-english] BE users access ?

Marcel Remmy marcel.remmy at fh-kl.de
Wed May 20 15:19:16 CEST 2009

Hi Kenneth,

giving the ordinary user access to the template module would imply you
give up the control of your site since the user could then unload all
the settings you made and create new ones. that could flush your whole
site away.

i think this is why the template module is directly glued to the admin
status. and sorry, i have no workaround for you.

now i'm interested in the going on of this topic. the thing would be to
lock down some settings which inquires the existance of some how
template-usage access rights like it exists for the page tree and it's
content. don't think that this is out of the box ready :)

best wishes,
marcel