[TYPO3-english] Empty body in typo3 documents when using lighttpd

Per Baekgaard baekgaard at b4net.dk
Mon May 11 23:38:58 CEST 2009

Spend a bit more time investigating this.

By enabling a trace and comparing an apache trace (that works) and one
from lightTPD (which fails), they are identical up until the point where
they apparently try to locate the actual file.

In getFileName in class.t3lib_tstemplate.php, there is a test like this:

               if (@is_file($this->getFileName_backPath.$file))    {

(line 1163 in the 4.2.6 version).

In Apache, this evaluates true and the file is properly returned and
processed, but in lightTPD it appears to evaluate false and no file is
found.

So apparently something is wrong with the file here and it simply cannot
locate the right one(s).

How do I enable logging from T3? There are some setTSlogMessage
statements that could help to provide a clue here, it looks.

-- Per.