[TYPO3-english] Still problems with lighttpd (now isolated to @is_file function call difference in class.t3lib_tstemplate.php line 1163)

Per Baekgaard baekgaard at b4net.dk
Tue May 12 14:09:08 CEST 2009

Continued looking into why Typo3 works fine here under Apache but not
under LightTPD.

It appears that the difference between a working apache installation and
one with lightttpd is as follows:

getFileName (in class.t3lib_tstemplate.php) gets called from
class.tslib_pagegen.php (in function getIncFiles) for each file to include.

In my setup, it is called for each of the following (existing) files:

    typo3conf/ext/mininews/pi1/class.tx_mininews_pi1.php
    typo3conf/ext/automaketemplate/pi1/class.tx_automaketemplate_pi1.php
    typo3/sysext/css_styled_content/pi1/class.tx_cssstyledcontent_pi1.php

As part of the getFileName call, @is_file gets called with the filenames
above (line 1163) to verify that the file exists.

When called from within Apache, @is_file returns true for all of these,
and the files gets included.

However, when called from within LightTPD, the first two returns false
and only the last one gets included!?

I don't have the faintest idea on why this happens. The files clearly
exists and can be accessed by the process.

Anyone have any hints on what is going on here?

There may be further differences also in the execution afterwards, but I
guess the ones above needs to be fixed first -- and maybe resolves the
issue.

Thanks in advance for any hints,

-- Per.