[TYPO3-english] Video sharing project. Anyone interested?

Morten Kjems mortenkjems at gmail.com
Sun May 10 14:12:05 CEST 2009

Thanks for the Walkthrough. I also signed up at your site and tested the
video functionality. It works great and it would be great to see a
public version.

You have created a nice videosharing feature but there is still a few
things to work on to make this a full grown video sharing plugin.

- An upload/conversion status bar that indicates the progress.

- Conversion in the background so that the user do not have to wait for
that.

- Support for categories

- Different presentation options. I am thinking different list view
options like in tt_news. This will distribute the videos in an ordered
manner across the site.

- Support for ratings

- Maybe support for external conversion like the option Mauro Lorenzutti
  integrated in there project. Many servers do not support ffmpeg and
external conversion is not that expensive. Take a look here:
http://heywatch.com/page/home

Do you see any chance that some of these suggestions could be implemented?

Thanks
/Morten