[TYPO3-english] Video sharing project. Anyone interested?

Paul Bucalo paul.bucalo at gmail.com
Tue May 5 14:28:57 CEST 2009

Yes, I implemented a solution like that building on HOICommunity so users
could make blog posts and attach a video. The video is transcoded with
ffmpeg, much the same way images go through imagemagick, and displayed as
FLV with a site-wide standard FLV player.
The site is www.plantbasednutrition.org and you have to go here and sign up
for an account to see the video functionality:
http://www.plantbasednutrition.org/saved-by-nutrition/account/
I would be interested in cleaning the code up a bit to make an "official"
extension or at least methodology.
The tough part about ffmpeg (at least a few months ago, last I looked) was
that you had to install svn and get the source distro.
-p